Even though this is a freaking loaded question, I guess the top priority to improve is myself.
I need to improve my vocabulary, my knowledge, my productivity, my relationships. But it's easy to fall into that judgment place or self-hate for being such a crappy person. Instead, I want to see them as areas of improvement as if I'm doing a personal SWOT analysis on myself.
- What are the things that make me better or worse that I can change?
- What are those things that I cannot change but could take as an advantage?
- What can I do to minimize the external threats?
- What resources can I create, buy or download to improve whatever I need to develop?
- What negative habits can I eliminate or replace with new ones and how?
- Who are the people from my network that could help me improve?
- What is a competitive advantage that I could elevate to a new level?
- Who is complaining and how can I fix that?
- What classes can I take to improve whatever I need to improve?
- Who is outperforming me and how can I learn from them?
By the way, SWOT is a matrix for analysis in the marketing world. Focus on your Strengths, minimize Weaknesses, take advantage of Opportunities and anticipate the Threats.