There's only one more blog post to go with this challenge, and I thought It was going to be hard as hell, but something surprised me, I'm able to ship and I'm not failing.
I'm surprised that I was able to be my own boss and that if I work hard enough I get to work with the most amazing and loving clients. Not only that, I'm loving every step of the way.
Something that terrified me was how the hell to start, always looking for the right moment. I learned that "the right moment" doesn't exist, you just do it, as my father says. I never understood what he meant until now.
Right now is the best moment to start, don't know how? Here 4 ways to do so:
- Take a piece of paper and start writing everything that comes to your mind, until you fill 3 pages. Then read it again and highlight what you believe was enlightening.
- Nothing there? Then think of 10 things you want to do by the end of this year. Pick 1 and start asking why you want to do it, and repeat the same question until you feel like you want to cry.
- I want to get the permanent residency. Why? Because I want to stay in Canada. Why? Because I don't want to go back to Venezuela. Why? Because I don't want my future children to live there. Why? Because I don't want them to be paranoid all the time thinking they will be kidnapped. Why? Because I want a healthy and happy family. (And then you keep going)
- Also, ask yourself what can I do right now to start working towards that goal? What is the next physical action?
- Do at least ONE thing every day that will take you closer to that goal, no matter how small it was.
If you do all of this, you will surprise yourself, guaranteed.